New Year's Day 2022 at Home


 I put a pork roast, carrots, sweet potatoes and onions in the crockpot and covered most of that with orange juice.  I thought about calling Marlene to ask her if she would like to come over for supper, but I decided not to, since I want to do several things around the house, including putting Christmas decorations away and if she were to come, I would want to make desert and muffins, etc., which would take me away from the tasks I want to work on. 

I completely stripped my bed all the way down to the mattress cover and started laundry.  I tried on all the clothing items I bought yesterday to make sure they fit well, and in case I might want to return some of them.  They all fit well and I will keep all of them, so I started washing them.  

I continued watching THE SPANISH PRINCESS.  I talked with Peggy on the phone, and Lisa Pickey called and I spoke with her for a while.  She had her foot surgery two weeks ago and is recuperating at home.

Peggy visited Dottie in the hospital and had this picture taken and posted it on Facebook.

Dottie is waiting and preparing for a surgery.  I think one or two of her toes will be removed, due to severe diabetes.  She is in her eighties and is Pastor Ben Fresch's great grandmother.  She is so sweet.  She still lives on her own, in Lewiston, but I wonder if she will be able to continue to do so.  I kind of hope she goes into a very nice, assisted care facility.  

Maggie called and I agreed to pick her up for church tomorrow morning.  We will have another ten a.m. TOGETHER (three services combined into one).   After my nap, I put on THE WHITE QUEEN which is a prequel to THE WHITE PRINCESS, and THE SPANISH PRINCESS (the series I finished watching earlier today) follows those two.  

My pork roast turned out super tender but has very little flavor.  I will have to figure out something to do with the rest of the pork.  I won't have any problems finishing up the carrots and sweet potatoes.  I think I will make a REUBEN POT PIE.  I asked for ideas on the OLD-FASHIONED RECIPES page on FB and got some ideas.  

I called Pam in the evening and she was happy to hear from me.  She has been ill but tested negative for COVID.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024