I AM FULLY VACCINATED April 12, 2021

 Before going into the City of Niagara Falls, New York for my second COVID vaccination, I went to the Fashion Outlet Mall on Military Road to go to OLD NAVY.  I had a coupon for twenty dollars off of a purchase totaling fifty dollars or more.   I was hoping to find some spring short sleeved tops.  What I did find was a pair of "khaki's" for fifteen dollars and then I picked out a t-shirt that can be worn with those pants.  I was able to redeem my coupon and get the outfit for $15.00.   I don't really like the khaki pants but they fit snugly, are lightweight and will be good to wear for hiking, so that I will be able to see any ticks that land on me.   

Then I headed to the Conference Center in the falls.  I parked in the same place and since I was early and needed to use a rest room, I went over to the Culinary Institute where I knew there was a clean ladies room.   My plans were to go to the Barnes and Noble and to the bakery there, but I happened to pass the restaurant SAVOR, and they had menus posted outside.  I looked at one and decided to go in since it was lunch time and I had close to an hour to spare before I would have  to get in line for my VAX.  

The lunch menu consists of a fifteen dollar lunch, where you pick an appetizer and a main dish.  While I was looking at the menu, my server brought me some bread with two different flavored butters as well as a couple of pickles and a very small glass of some sort of punch.  
For my "starter" I ordered the roasted asparagus.  It was delicious!

For my main dish, I requested OPEN CHICKEN SOUVLAKI.   It was huge and delicious!  The bed of lettuce was huge and I barely ate any of it.  The chicken was so tasty and tender, and the pita bread was very good.


And at the end, I was surprised when my server brought me a plate with four different cookies on it.   I ate one of them and took the rest home with me (along with a piece of chicken and a piece of pita bread)

I had time, so I took my leftover food to my car before going into the conference center.   Since it was raining, I moved my car to a closer spot.  

Getting my second VAX took a bit longer than getting my first one, but it all went smoothly and the line moved quickly.  

I decided to go to Aldi's in Lockport before going home, since the VAX might make me feel kind of lousy for a day or two and I needed bananas and Cheerios.  I also picked up some instant pudding, which might be good if I do start to feel punky.

I made a grilled ham and cheese sandwich for my supper and called Betty and we agreed to go for a walk at seven thirty p.m.  We walked for about 45 minutes.   So far, I have felt fine, with no symptoms from the vaccination.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024