GRADUATION PARTY DAY: May 25, 2018/BLACK FRIDAY

Chris and Megan fixed a good (late) breakfast for all of us...…...eggs, sausage, bacon and home fries...……..Christa arrived as we were finishing up.  Breakfast was great!  Tina and I chopped vegetables and I loaded the dishwasher and Cassy started it while Meg and Christa went to COSTCO to pick up the cake and other stuff.  Cassy and I also worked on the afghan.  I am so pleased that she is interested in this, I thought maybe it would not mean anything to her, but she seems to want to work on it.  Sooooooooooooooooooooo, the day DID start out good!

This is a picture of Cassy working on the four generation afghan

I called this BLACK FRIDAY because of what happened to me about 20 minutes before Cassy' graduation party was due to start.   I was going out on the back deck with Cassy and I stumbled or missed a step or something and did a flying leap forward and landed on my face, with my head lower than my body (due to the way the long steps are).  I smashed up my face pretty bad an broke my glasses.  (I am thankful that I brought along a spare pair).

After Chris  examined my wounds and gave me 800 mg of Ibupropen, Christa took me to BRONSON METHODIST HOSPITAL in Kalamazoo.  I had ten tiny black stitches put into my upper lip, and had scans of my head and face.  A broken nose was diagnosed, but since there is no pain anywhere in my nose, I think its possible that its really not broken.

Christa and I missed Cassy's graduation party!!!!  By the time we got back to the house, it was almost over.  Cassy brought me a small plate of food and I ate some of it, and then I spent the rest of the evening in my room, icing my black eye.

I am grateful that nothing was broken and that none of my teeth were broken off.  And also that there is so little pain.  The hospital staff wondered why I was not in worse pain, but I really was not!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023