Thursday June 28th, 2018: Leaving Rome, Driving to Carol's Place

This morning I met the next door neighbors who are
from Franklin.  The wife gave me a photograph of their
cottage from l961, to give to Mike.  I left it on their
table and Mary and I both wrote in the "log".
Mary and I did not hurry and it took until close to
eleven a.m. to get our cars loaded and the cottage
straighteed up.  Then we took a walk around the camp
so we could take pictures.  We both particularly like
the stone cottage.
  People have been arriving for
FAMILY CAMP since yesterday and the place is starting
to get busy. 
Mary headed out first and I stayed a couple of minutes more
and almost forgot to close the front shutter. 
I stopped on 26 before Rome to get gas and then
continued on 26.  It was my plan to stay on 26 for
a while but somehow I got off of it and had to stop
and come up with another plan.  After I started on my new
route, I stopped and made myself a sandwich and had some
chips and a drink with it. 
I drove through a VERY LARGE Amish community very spread
out.  I also saw an interesting cemetery.


  I stopped at this
Amish stand
and bought some cookies and some jelly.  Eventually
I made my way up to 20 and then to 8 and the Village of New
Berlin.  I stopped at Stewarts and used the rest room and
bought a candy bar and called Carol and then set my GPS with
her address. I took this picture at Stewarts.
I think I arrived around three p.m.  Carol and I talked and
made some plans for the next couple of days and then she
suggested we go to the MAGIC CLOSET in Morris.  I agreed and we
went and I found a few items. 
Back at her place I rested while she prepared supper, chicken,
stuffing, gravy, broccoli...........very good! 
I helped her with getting the horses out into her yard so
they could graze.  We tried to reach Connie by phone, but were
only successful in leaving messages. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024