FALL COLOR and MORE: October 24, 2018

I decided today would be a good day to go to Miller's Bulk Food Store to use my gift certificate.  I called Pam and asked if she felt like accompanying me and she said she would meet me at my house.
We went to Millers first and I bought bacon, butter, milk, coconut cookies and two pumpkins.  Then we each purchased a sandwich and had lunch there.  We also split a large cream filled donut.

I don't know why I turned down Murdoch Road, but I am glad we did.  We found a small Amish shop. WAYSIDE GRAINS on the YODER DAIRY FARM.
We went in and were browsing when a young Amish woman came out to help us.  I purchased three
handmade Christian signs.  

I continued driving north on Murdoch Road, and we came to Mill Road.  I offered to show Pam the Amish schoolhouse.  I turned the wrong way on Mill Road and we drove for a while.  We saw huge apple orchards with the trees overloaded with apples.  
I turned around and went the other way, to the Amish schoolhouse.  

We were going to go to the other Amish store (its more like a general store) but neither one of us had any cash left (and Amish businesses do not accept credit cards), so we headed back to Lockport.  

I saw some great fall color today:  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024