Outing with Pam: Friday, October 19, 2018

This morning when I got up, the sun was shining so I decided it would be a good day to drive to Millers Bulk Food Store to use a gift certificate I have had for a while.  I called Pam and asked her if she was interested in accompanying me. She said yes and met me at my house.

We stopped first at Schwab's Farm Market where I used some coupons I had to purchase a half bushel of butternut squash and some macoun  apples for Myrna.  I gave one coupon to Pam and she got some apples.

When we got to Millers, we found out that it was closed due to a wedding  We saw several Amish people walking down the road, perhaps on their way to the wedding.  We decided to go to Medina for lunch.  On the way there we stopped ate a small farm stand and purchased some fresh peaches.

Once we got to Medina we decided to have lunch at Avanti's.  We split a Stromboli.  We went to the chocolate shop and we each purchased a piece of chocolate.  We checked out the BREAD BASKET
and we each had a cinnamon bun.  We were SO BAD.  

We drove to East Shelby (in the Town of Millville?) to see a miniature village I learned about a few years ago.  We found it on East Shelby Road across the street from the church that owns it.   East Shelby Community Bible Church.  
The name of the village is East Jackson Corners and it is cute and interesting.  


Then we went to the Visitors Center for the Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge,
which Pam had never been to.  Outside the Visitors Center I found this painted rock.
We stopped at one of the "overlook" parking areas for the Alabama Swamps on the way back to Lockport.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024