TWO EVENT SATURDAY

This morning was KIDS PUMPKIN DAY at the Community Garden.
  When I arrived at ten a.m., there were already kids and parents there carving pumpkins.  I stayed for about an hour, and talked with people, poured cider and helped a little girl with her pumpkin.
BUT, it started to rain and I was freezing, so I left at eleven a.m. and went home and took a hot shower.

Peg and David picked me up a little before noon so we could go to the SOUP-A-PALOOZA at the Lockport Community Farmers Market.   By this time, the weather had cleared up.   It was a competition between area restaurants.  Each restaurant prepared and served a soup.  It was one dollar to sample one soup.  At the end, each participant got to vote for their favorite.  I tried nine soups.  I voted for the Roasted Butternut Squash Soup that the Shamus served.   Here are some pictures:
            This is where the tickets were being sold.
                             Serving up the samples of soup
 Italian Wedding Cake Soup

I bought some tart cherry jam and two gourds at the market.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024