BOOM BOOM!!!! November 29, 2018 and ROAST BEEF IN CROCKPOT

I put a roast beef in the crockpot this morning before going out.  Betty and I met up at the Y for two half hour exercise classes for ACTIVE OLDER ADULTS (I  guess it is different from Silver Sneakers)   First we went to BOOM *Muscle and then to BOOM*Mind.   It was a bit hard to keep up during the first class, but it was fun.  The second class was not as much fun, but perhaps easier.

After that we walked about ten minutes on the track  and then went to Wendy's for a baked potato.  Then I went home and rested, and rewatched the recent episode of THIS IS US.  I must have dozed off in the middle of it.

Peggy's LIFE GROUP was this afternoon.  Present were Peggy, myself, Velma, Betty and Dee.  It went very well.  Betty announced the date for the Christmas dinner at the hospital. December 13th.

When I got home, I called Elaine to tell her the date and she offered to pick Betty and  I up so we can all three go together (for lunch).

Peggy came for supper and raved about the pot roast I prepared in the crockpot.  Here is what I did.  I sliced onions and chopped up celery and put them on the bottom of the crockpot.  Then I put halved carrots in, then the pre-browned roast.  I stirred two tbsp. of tomato paste and one envelope of onion soup into one can of mushroom soup and spread on top of the roast.  Then I added one can of mushrooms.  I tucked halved potatoes around the roast and cooked it all day on low.  I made biscuits (from a package) to go with this meal  Peg took some home with her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024