FOUR HOURS at the Y

After taking care of Petra and picking up a few items at TOPS, and getting some cash from Citizens Bank (so I can get eggnog, etc. from Hoovers tomorrow), I went to the Y for Silver Sneakers Splash.  Both Betty  and Elaine arrived after I was in the pool.  SSS went well.  I got out of the pool seven minutes early for two reasons   1.  I had to go to the bathroom
                                                   2.  I wanted to get a shower before everyone else exited the pool

My timing was perfect.  I was finishing up getting dressed when Betty came into the locker room.  I told her I was going to go find something else to do.  I saw that an exercise class was just starting up in the gym so I went in.  I asked someone what kind of class it was and was told YOGA.  I decided to try it.  At first I thought it was boring, but once I got into it, I really enjoyed it.  By the time it was over, it was 11:45, so I met up with Betty, Dee and Jim for the THANKSGIVING DINNER.

The dinner was great!!!!  TOPS had donated the turkeys and ONE EYED JACKS had cooked them.  The cook or whoever at One Eyed Jacks really knows how to carve turkeys!  There were large, thick slices of white meat!  As well as mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, squash, green bean casserole, fresh vegetables, rolls and butter and other stuff.
The desert table was loaded with lots of homemade goodies. I tried small portions of several items.

The carrot cake and lemon meringue pie, cherry crumble and the shortbread cutouts were great.  Later, a really good coleslaw was brought out.  I took several pictures.


After eating, Betty and I decided to walk the track.  She pooped out after a couple of times around and went home, but I stayed and did the recumbent bike a bit, and tried a couple of machines in the workout room.

So altogether I was there for OVER four hours.  Now I am exhausted.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024