LIGHT UP LOCKPORT

Leslie seemed to want to go to LIGHT UP LOCKPORT, so we planned on going.  Pam called last night wondering what I was doing today, so I invited her to accompany Leslie and I.  Unfortunately, we woke up to a drizzling rain.

Leslie and I met up with Pam at the YMCA so we could walk the track.  We ran into Mike there and chatted with him a bit.

Our first stop for LIGHT UP LOCKPORT was WINDSOR VILLAGE.  There were quite a few people there.  We had refreshments and Leslie took this picture of  Pam and I.
and walked around looking at the gift items and Christmas decorations.

.Then we went to Papa Leos where they were giving out free slices of pizza.  We decided to leave our cars at Papa Leo's and walk down Main Street to the old post office.  At the old post office they had a table set up where they offered refreshments, a few free items and free SHOP SMALL bags.

From there we went down to Emmanuel Methodist Church for the nativity collection and more refreshments.

Then we went to the Cornerstone Arena, just to see what was going on. This was the most active place with a HUGE basket raffle and various activities. We signed a large card for our soldiers.
  That was our last stop except I decided to stop at CHINA KING and get a quart of wonton soup.

Leslie and I went back to my place and had turkey sandwiches and rested for a while before going back downtown for the parade.  there was a pretty good sized crowd in the area near the palace.
  I enjoyed the parade (it was my first time)
and we saw the "tree" on the top of the Palace marquee light up right after the parade ended.

Once back home, Leslie and I watched a past episode of WE'LL MEET AGAIN and a few old episodes of HOME IMPROVEMENT before going to bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024