Lunch at SEAN PATRICKS and Outing with Marlene

I really wanted to go to SILVER SNEAKERS SPLASH today but we had a few inches of snow during last night and the plows had not been down my street when Betty called me at eight a.m. to tell me that she was did not think we should go.  The plow was just coming down my street when I was getting ready to pull out at 11:15 a.m. to go to SEAN PATRICKS for lunch with several girls I graduated from high school with.  It had gone down one side of the street when I backed out.

Lunch at SEAN PATRICKS was very nice.  There were eight of us, Lynette, Carol, Darlene, Barb, myself, Bonnie Burnett, Liz and Janice.  I had the open faced reuben with coleslaw. MaryAnne did not make it because she could not get out of her driveway.  We all brought  small Christmas gifts.  I gave everyone a gift bag with several pieces of candy and a Christmas kitchen towel that can be hung over a drawer handle.  I took pictures of everyone opening their gifts.  Unfortunately, I accidentally deleted the pictures from the memory card before uploading them to my computer.

I took a bag with gifts and dropped it off at MaryAnne's house.  Then I took a container of potato/corn chowder to Myrna and I also stopped at Prudden and Kandt's and picked up a few calendars.

I came home and rested a bit before it was time for Marlene to pick me up for a dinner at YUBB'S.  It had to do with her volunteer work.  She picked me up and we headed to YUBB's to find out that the banquet was cancelled.  We decided to go to Hoover's in Sanborn for supper.  One of the specials was pierogies with garlic toast.  We both ordered that.  I also had a hot dog.

When we got back to Lockport, I suggested we go a little bit out of our way to see the huge pine tree decorated and lit up by the Spanish speaking church.  Marlene agreed and the tree is very nicely decorated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023