November 14, 2018 Y and More

I went over to Peggy's house and took care of Petra.  Everything went smoothly, including giving her her medication.

Then I went to the YMCA where I was going to meet up with Elaine and Betty for SILVER SNEAKERS SPLASH.    I saw Elaine go in the front door as I walked towards it, but she ran into someone and started talking, so I just went in past her (she tends to talk forever, and she would have insisted on introducing that person to me, and I may have been caught up in a long conversation).

Betty was already in the locker room when I arrived.   She was bemoaning the fact that she forgot to bring a pair of underpants to put on later, after swimming.  She lucked out in that I had an extra pair with me, which I gave her.  

Betty cannot swim, so she was a bit nervous. She started out in the shallowest corner, but she moved out a bit.  The interesting thing is that Kathy, our instructor, was also Betty's swim teacher about thirty years ago, at the old YMCA (downtown).  At that time, Kathy told Betty that she would probably never be able to learn to swim.  Kathy recognized Betty!  

The group went well.  Betty and I left the pool about five minutes early, which would have been at 10:40 a.m.    We decided to go up and walk around the track.  We walked about twenty minutes but we stopped several times to watch an exercise class which was in session in the gym.  It looked fun and interesting and I want to look into it.  I think that if I leave the pool a few minutes early, like I did today, that I can make that class on time.

Betty and I went to Wendy's for a quick lunch.  I think Elaine was still in the pool (talking to someone) when we left.

I went to the Salvation Army to look for some stretchy pants I can use for walking and exercising at the Y.  Betty and Pam were also there looking around.  I found three pairs of pants, one dressy shirt and two blue t shirts...…...total $11. 80.  I went to the SHAMUS
and purchased a gift certificate that Peggy asked me to get...…..I think it will be a birthday gift for Betty.

I decided to NOT go with Elaine  to the turkey dinner at the Cambria Church later on today.  There is another turkey dinner (at Bonnie's church) on Friday, and then the one at the Y on Monday...……..both of them are pretty much free.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024