Beginning and Ending at the Y: 12/19/18

I arrived at the Y a bit early for SILVER SNEAKERS SPLASH, so I went upstairs and used the FAT THIGHS machine a bit, and would have used the FAT BELLY machine a bit but someone else was using it.  I walked the track a couple of times and then went down to the locker room, and then out to the pool.  I was early so I exercised in the lap pool by myself for a bit and then moved over to the other pool and continued exercising on my own until Kathy started giving out directions,  Elaine, Pam and Betty arrived (in that order).    Elaine and I talked with Sarah (who plays Scrabble with Marlene) and we may get together to play cards or dominos.  I need to get Sarah's phone number.

After SPLASH, Betty and I went SHOPPING.   She needed to purchase gift cards for presents for her daughter, son in law, and granddaughter, who are coming to New York from Florida for Christmas.   Our first stop was at DAVE'S CHRISTMAS WONDERLAND.



which is right in the same plaza as STEIN MART, where Betty purchased a gift card.  Then we went to J.C. Penney's at Eastern Hills Mall.  I purchased two pair of exercise pants and a few tops which were on clearance, using Betty's discount.  We noticed that the jewelry store is closed or has moved, since it was decorated for Christmas.  
We stopped by the pet store for a minute and saw this fellow with a calf that he is training to take to nursing homes and other places for therapeutic purposes. 
We were getting hungry and after putting my bag of clothing into the trunk of Betty's car, we went back in to check out the food court.  Most of the spots were closed and we decided to NOT eat there.  We went to OLIVE GARDEN, which is just down the road a bit from the mall.  We both had endless soup, salad and breadsticks.
   we both had two bowls of pasta fagiole !!
We still had one more store to go to 
where Betty purchased her last gift card, and we also went into the Christmas Tree Shoppes for a few minutes before heading back to Lockport.  

Since I had left my car at the Y, we went back and decided to go in for a bit.  I did about a 35 minute workout on machines and walking.  And then came home exhausted.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023