OLDE FASHIONED CHRISTMAS at West Jackson Corners

During the "break" at church (when we go around and greet others), Betty asked me if we were going to Sanborn to the Christmas event at the Farm Museum (Christmas at the farm).  She said I had indicated that I planned to go.  I was not planning to go, but I told her I would check out the info after church and we could decide if it interests us.  I did that and it really did not sound all that great, so I suggested we might go to OLD Fashioned CHRISTMAS at West Jackson Corners, which the East Shelby Community Bible Church was putting on this afternoon.  She agreed and I picked her up and we headed out towards Medina.

West Jackson Corners is a small village that the members of this church built.  The open it to the public twice a year, once in December (for this event) and once in the summer.    I learned about it a couple of years ago but disliked the fact that it is always on a Sunday afternoon (when I like to go home and rest).   However, it was a nice sunny December day today and the event is free and I wanted to go.  I described both events (to the best of my ability).

We didn't have any problems finding the church and village.  There cars lined up on both sides of the road and around the corner and men were directing traffic.  We lucked out with a very good spot to park right in front of the church.  We went first to the church
where the choir was singing Christmas carols in the sanctuary and in the lobby they were offering lots of cookies, crackers and cheese, punch and homemade soup.  We each got a plate of snacks and then found a spot to eat them in the sanctuary, while listening to the choir.
After that, a bunch of young people did square dancing, to Irish music, in the foyer.  It was outstanding.

The house next door was open and they were offering various crafts, homemade wassail, Neither Betty or I enjoyed the wassail.
and two women were weaving.
and then we crossed the road to the actual village.  In one building we were given cups of hot chocolate.  Things were hot and steamy in the blacksmith shop.

Our favorite spot was the building where visitors were helped to make a spray of pine branches.  
They were offering horse and wagon rides
but we did not do this activity.

We returned to the church hoping to get another cup of soup, but it was all gone.  We decided to head back to Lockport.  We took a detour through the village of Medina to see how it is decorated for Christmas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023