GAMES and SNACKS with Sarah and Elaine: 1/4/19

Once again, I tried to get Betty and Pam interested in joining me at the Y for AQUA STRETCH in the pool.  I arrived a bit early and went upstairs and used a couple machines before going down to the pool.  They did not show up for AQUA STRETCH , but just as that ended and we were moving over to the lap pool for DEEP END WORKOUT, Betty arrived.  She exercised and swam in the family pool while I was in the lap pool.

She and I walked the track for a bit and then she ran a few errands while I met with my trainer, Ed.  He showed me how use JACOB'S LADDER and then I tried it.  Its fun but a bit hard to get used to.  Then he and I went over some of the exercises he showed me a few weeks ago and he tried to teach me a new one called DEAD BUGS.  I had a hard time coordinating that one, so he agreed to send me a video via email.  In fact, he did that while I was still there.  This was my final session with Ed, but he said that any time I am there and he is not busy, he will help me with anything.  Wow!!!!!

Betty and I went to KFC for the $3.00 "bowl" which is worth the price, a lot of food and very filling.
I went home and did a few  things including taking a nap.

Elaine, Sarah and I got together at Elaine's house to play games.  We had WAY TOO MANY snacks and I brought most of what I took home with me.  We played a game with nickels that Sarah taught us, but it was a bit boring.  It was a good game to start with, though because Elaine has hardly ever played any games in her life and this got us warmed up.  Then we played MEXICAN TRAIN DOMINOES. Sarah has a set like this with numbers instead of dots.
Sarah's directions are somewhat different from what Dad taught Peggy and I, but they worked just fine and we had fun.  We each won a round, but Sarah came in first place with me close behind.    It was a fun evening.

Each of us shared a story of going on a trip with someone who did not like to do things the way we do!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024