Feb 1, 2019 YMCA activities

I got to the Y about 9:10, so I went upstairs and walked and used the Sci-Fit Machine for five minutes before getting ready to get in the pool.  I arrived about five minutes early and went into the lap pool an exercised until it was time for AQUA STRETCH.   Betty and Vicky arrived about halfway through that class.  After that, I went over into the lap pool for AQUA JOG (formerly known as deep end workout).  I stayed for 25 minutes of that half hour class.  Then Betty and I went upstairs and walked and she used one of the treadmills  and I used the recumbent bike and the  Imprecor.

In the evening, I picked Betty up and we returned to the Y for the CHILI COOK-OFF.   Betty and I sat with Vicki and Ron, and Elaine and Sarah.   It was a great event.  We arrived at five and there were a few chili's out and they kept coming in.
We were able to sample as many as we wanted.  I avoided the ones that were labelled as having high heat.  They had bread and butter, and some of the cooks had fixings to add to their chili.  A couple cooks offered cornbread or small muffins

I voted for #9, a teen boy who said he used his mothers recipe for beef chili and made a few adjustments to it.  He won!!!!!

It was a great event!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023