Sunday, February 17th, 2019

Church this morning was pretty good.  Craig gave a powerful sermon.  It was announced that the church building that we might purchase in the north end of Lockport would be open for us to go inside and look around between one p.m. and two p.m. today.  So after church, I arranged to meet Betty and Dee at Wendy's for lunch before going over to the church.  Betty arrived the same time as I did, so we went ahead and purchased salads for lunch.  (the chili on the taco salad was NOT hot).  Vicky and Jenny arrived when we were almost finished with our salads.  Dee arrived as we were leaving.  I told Betty that we should have it announced in church that anyone who wants to should meet at Wendy's for lunch.

I arrived at the church a couple of minutes before one p.m.  Here are the pictures I took.

 Apparently, this was once a busy church!



The owner was present and he was telling the history of the building.  I think he said it was dedicated in l889 or maybe 1898.  It is very small.  The sanctuary might sit about 100 people.  Behind the sanctuary, there is a cozy kitchen.  The basement has a large room that might be able to be cleaned up and used. 

It is less than a half mile from where I live, so I could easily walk there in good weather.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024