WEEK OF FEBRUARY 4 through 8, 2019

Early Monday morning I decided to call the DALE ASSOCIATION to see if they have any upcoming SAFE DRIVER CLASSES for seniors, the ones that get you ten percent off of your car insurance for three years.  I was in luck!  I was told YES, one is starting at 12:30 today.   So after SILVER SNEAKERS SPLASH and working out and walking on the track at the Y, I stopped and got a cheap lunch at Wendy's and headed to the DALE and completed the first day (three hours) of this course.

TUESDAY:   I went to Elaine's Life Group,  there ended up being 13 of us, but most everyone was late.   Then I stopped and got a slice of Cheese Steak Pizza at Mark's to take with me to the Dale, where I completed the second half of the safe driving course.

WEDNESDAY:   woke up to everything iced over (including my car)  and stayed home.  Schools were closed.  I stayed home and did some cleaning and scanned pictures for LAKE HOPE 1999 IRC get together.

THURSDAY:  When  I went out to start my car, I found the battery dead.  It was my fault since I left the drivers door open yesterday after I put the car in the garage.  I called  AAA and they sent Beaumans Towing, and the guy got my car started.  He did not have a replacement battery on the truc so I agreed to drive over there to get a new battery put in.    After that I went to WalMart an purchased ingredients to prepare supper tonight.    At three p.m. I went to Peggy's Life Group.  There were only four of us there, but it was very good.  Then I went home and finished preparations for Peggy and Betty to join me for supper.  Ham, cheese and spinach quiche and a pasta and vegetable weightwatchers dish from the recipe book I got last Thursday at the WW Open House.

FRIDAY:  went to the Y and did Aqua Stretch and Aqua Jog, and then worked out and walked for about fifty minutes.  I called Pam and she met me at Arby's for lunch.  I showed her the tourist book for the Seaway trail, but she is not interested in doing that.  We talked about some other possible trip ideas.   I invited her over for supper.  I turned last nights main dish PASTA WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES AND FETA (from the WW recipe book that I got last week at Peggy's WW open house,) into a casserole by making a feta sauce, and some of the leftover quiche.  Pam and I played BANANAGRAMS for a while.

Pam and I have a tentative idea for a trip together.  First to drive to Erie, PA to go to Presque Isle State Park and then continuing on to the Amish area further south.  Altogether it would be about six hours of driving to get from Lockport to the Amish area.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024