Past Few Days! Mary Anne, Uncle Bob's Funeral and More

YIKES...………..it has been a hectic few days.  I was getting ready to go to the Dale for the second session of the AGING MASTERY CLASS  on Wednesday morning when Mary Anne called me.  She said that the police were at her house, alerted by Roswell after her bloodwork showed a blood infection.  They wanted her to go to the hospital and she needed a ride.   I went to her house where two female LPD officers were waiting, as well as Kevin Layer, her handyman, who was taking her dog.  I took her to the hospital here in Lockport (the police car followed me).  After a while,  I decided to go home to have some lunch.   Mary Anne asked me if I would go over to her house and make sure that the police women had closed the outside slanted door to her basement.  

After I had lunch, I went over to her house and checked that door, and it was closed.  I decided it might be a good idea to check the other two doors to make sure they were closed.  The side door leading to an entryway and then to her kitchen was not locked.  I opened the door and I was shocked at what I saw.  
I discovered that Mary Anne was a hoarder.  I walked through the house and checked every room, both upstairs and downstairs.  Every room was full of stuff.  Also, there was a terrible sickening odor which I figured must have been because of her dog going to the bathroom in the house.   This was the first time I had ever been into her house, she never invited me in and I wondered why. 

  I spent most of that day with her at the hospital, only leaving to go home for meals.   She was transferred to Roswell in the evening.

Later on in the day, I called Kevin and we discussed the situation at Mary Anne's house.  

Thursday morning, I accompanied Betty and Liz to Roswell for Liz's radiation treatment.  I saw Mary Anne for a few minutes while there.  After leaving Roswell, we went over to Buffalo General to see Joanne, but she was not there, she had been transferred to Harris Hill Nursing Home.  On the way back to Lockport, we stopped at Paula's Donuts.  Liz had her very first Paula's donut!    I had Betty over for supper...…….chicken and biscuits, mac and cheese and she brought a huge green salad.

Today was Uncle Bob's funeral.  This is the picture that accompanied his obituary in the paper.
 Judy posted this on facebook.
Peggy led the service and she did a great job.  The family invited us to a luncheon at THE SHAMUS.  Peg, Mike, Gail and I got to spend some time together.  The meal was great.

After that, I accompanied Peggy to Harris Hill Nursing Home where we visited with Joanne, who is in rehab there.  We had a good visit!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023