Botanical Gardens in Oriskany and more: August 29, 2019

Carol Kraft arrived at the cabin at ten a.m.  She, Lesley and I visited for a while and made plans for the day.  We decided to go to Oriskany to the PARKER F. SCRIPTURE BOTANICAL GARDENS, and walk the trails and do some geocaching.  Carol agreed to drive.

The gardens (just outside the wooded area that has hiking trails) are beautiful

 Carol asked me to take her picture and post it on Facebook with this caption "Where in the world is Carol Kraft?"
                 I particularly liked the Fairy Gardens
  Leslie noticed this interesting plant with black leaves and black berries.
The trails are nice, easy to walk and uncomplicated.

Due to yesterdays rain, there were some wet spots which we had some difficulty getting through or around.   Carol found the two geocaches along the trails.  One of them had this rock in it, which I took.
  We had a nice picnic lunch behind the Cooperative Extension Building.  We found a third cache in the Oriskany area at the Town Garage in an old retired snowplow.

Then we headed back to Rome.  We looked for two more geocaches in Rome.  We found De-o-wain-sta (Leslie found this one) at this historical site:

  There was another painted rock in this geocache, and Carol took it.    We
 could not find PAST THE GREEN WALL (fence) even though we all looked for ten or fifteen minutes.

On the last leg of the day, we went to Sam'z Eats & Sweets and I treated Leslie and Carol to ice cream.  I had a piece of  blackberry pie with chocolate ice cream.  

Wifi was working at the cabin, so I was able to log my geocaches. I called Cassandra to wish her a Happy l9th Birthday.    Leslie and I played a game of BANANAGRAMS and started organizing our stuff for leaving tomorrow morning.  (note:  Leslie slept past her hopeful leaving time and I had to wake her up).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024