FRUITCAKE AND BEANS with Dumplings

I made my first fruitcake a couple of days ago, using this recipe that is online, but is the same recipe Kay Nenni gave me a few years ago after I tried it during our Life Group Christmas Luncheon.

FESTIVE FRUITCAKE

2
cups water
    2 tablespoons oil

2
eggs
2
2 boxes quick bread mix (see below)
2
cups chopped walnuts
2
cups raisins

PARADISE Old English Fruit and Peel Mix, 16 ounces (from TOPS)
I added about 2/3 cup of my homemade cranberry sauce 


  • 1
    Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour bottom and sides of 12-cup Bundt® or
     10-inch tube pan. In large bowl, combine water, oil and eggs; beat well. Add
     all remaining ingredients except corn syrup; stir with spoon until combined.
     Pour into greased and floured pan.
  • 2
    Bake at 350°F. for 1 hour or until golden
     brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 30 minutes.
     Remove from pan. Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled.
  • 3
    Wrap tightly in plastic wrap or foil. Refrigerate at least 8 hours. Store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or in freezer
     for up to 3 months.


  • I was unable to find the
    I could not find the nut  mixes, so I purchased 
    and used these
    Spice on the left and pumpkin on the right

    It made two loaves
     and a small round one (a small casserole dish).

    I made it in the evening and refrigerated it overnight.  It was difficult to slice,
     but I managed 

    Every piece was eaten and several people said it was very good.


    I took a hambone home from the CONNECT Luncheon on Sunday and bought a pound of great northern beans.

    I soaked the beans overnight and boiled them for about 9 minute and then
    put in the crockpot along with the hambone, and covered with water, maybe an inch above the beans.  Added some 
    ketchup, Mrs. Dash,  garlic and some Trader Joes  Salute seasoning. A
    cooked for several hours.

    Today I made dumplings out of jiffy corn muffin mix, one egg and 2 tbsp. water
    put on top of simmering liquid and cooked dumplings for 15 minutes
    ten minutes covered and last five minutes uncovered.
    DELICIOUS!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024