Senior Social at the Lockport YMCA and more

Today was the SENIORS GATHERING at the Y.  It is always the third Monday of the month from 11 to 1 p.m.  Today's plan was BINGO, and a cookie exchange.  Each participant was asked to bring in a festive kitchen item for bingo prizes.
  I think 25 to 30 people attended (all females).

We played several games of BINGO. Doug and Susan ran the show.
Brigit had never ever played bingo, and she was the first winner.    The picture I took of her choosing her prize did not turn out, but she is the one on the left in this picture with Elaine in the middle and Dee on the right.  Pam joined us.  Jan was there also.
I also won three times.  I chose this candy dish the first time I won, and Elaine won the tray. 
This is one of my winning cards

There was a great selection of cookies.
and we each chose two dozen to take home (but we snacked a bit before leaving).
There was a door prize and Mary Lou won it
which was pretty cool since she was the ONLY person who did not win a Bingo prize!  It was a fun event.  Next month we will play TRIVIA.   

After the Y, I went to WalMart and completed shopping for Christmas dinner.   I took a nap after lunch and then made fruitcake and started soaking beans for cooking in my crockpot tomorrow with the ham bone from the CONNECT lunch.   The fruitcake is for tomorrows LIFE GROUP Christmas celebration.

I used these two mixes for making my fruitcake since the date bread mix in the original recipe seems to have been discontinued
I think this worked well.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024