1/16/20 and Pasta with Greens and Beans

This morning I met a new friend (a guy who I met on Facebook) for a hot drink at Denny's.  He was interested in seeing what hikes are on my "bucket list".  I think Tom was a bit disappointed that I am not enthusiastic about winter hiking.

Then I went to the Y and walked and used the recumbent bike for probably 35 minutes altogether.  Then I went home and took a nap before Peggy's Life Group.  I picked Lydia up and took her with me.  Life Group was pretty good:  in addition to me, Peg and Lydia, Mary Watt and Geneva were present.   One more get together and I think we will be done with this particular curriculum, and then the FREEDOM GROUP will start up.

Peggy came over for supper.  I had prepared PASTA WITH GREENS AND BEANS, off of one of the recipe cards I got at the AGING MASTERY group.  I packaged some of the leftovers for Peggy to take to give to Carol Ann Hill, who is homebound and suffering side effects of chemo.  Mine did not look exactly like this since I could only find frozen CHOPPED spinach and the cheese melted.

INGREDIENTS

  • 8 oz. pasta (try whole wheat penne)
  • 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
  • 3 cloves minced garlic (or 3/4 tsp. garlic powder)
  • 10 oz. frozen spinach
  • 15 oz. canned diced tomatoes with juice
  • 15 oz. canned white beans drained and rinsed
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
  • I added some leftover cooked carrots to these ingredients. 

DIRECTIONS

  1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
  2. Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet. Add garlic and cook on low (250°F in an electric skillet) until soft.
  3. Add spinach, tomatoes with liquid, drained beans, salt, and pepper. Once the mixture bubbles, cook uncovered on low heat for 5 minutes.
  4. Add drained pasta and Parmesan to spinach mixture. Toss well and serve.It is very good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024