Senior Social at the Y and Cheesecake Factory 1/20/2020

I don't know why my alarm system went off in the middle of the night but it did.  When it did I realized that I did not have a plan in place of what to do if and when it did.  So, I got up, turned it off and checked all doors which were still locked.

After a meeting at Cayuga, I went  directly to the Y for the January SENIOR SOCIAL.  I had reminded Jan, Elaine, Pam, and Louise and invited Marlene and Betty who had never been to a social.  Jan and Marlene met me there.  It was a very small group in fact, it was only me and Jan and Marlene who attended, the other four were the leaders of the group Doug, Marilyn and sisters Susan and Shirley.

We broke up into two teams and played TRIVIA.  I kept score for my team, which consisted of Marlene, Jan and I.  Susan asked the questions.  The topics had to do with the fifties and sixties.  My team won by one point.     After the game, we had refreshments and discussed ideas for future get togethers.

I remembered that both Marlene and I had gift cards to THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY so I suggested to her that we go there for lunch.  She agreed and she drove.  We both had one of the lunch specials which was salmon with mashed potatoes and asparagus.  Everything was very good.  We ordered our desert in take out containers.  Each piece of cheesecake is $8.50, and while it is good, it may not be worth quite that much.
 The decor is interesting and beautiful.
 Then we went to Ollie's so Marlene could look for a book for a birthday gift for her grandson who will be turning five.  I looked around, hoping to find a box of  Cheerios and maybe a shirt with Buffalo plaid which seems to be quite popular now, but I was not successful.

Then we headed back to Lockport and to the Y where I got my car.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023