Feb. 24, 2020 Senior Social and Travel Meeting at the Dale

This morning the Y had their monthly senior social.  I invited Pam, Jan, Marlene, Betty, Elaine, Louise and Sarah.  Pam had to work, Marlene and Betty had a Life Group to attend and Elaine said she has a busy week ahead.  Louise said she would be there, but she did not show up.  Sarah and Jan met me there.  I had also invited an older fellow named Frank, who I have spoken to before (he has the most beautiful Buffalo plaid shirt and I always tell him that I want it) and he came.  It was the usual crowd with one or two new people.  We did not do any introductions, so I do not know their names.

We divided into two groups:  Rummikub and Euchre.  Most everyone wanted to play Euchre.  I do not know how to play so I joined Susan's Rummikub group.  It was Sarah, Jan, Susan and I, but Sarah left after the first game in order to play Euchre.   Here is the EUCHRE table:
   I thoroughly enjoyed learning how to play Rummikub.  Susan won two games and I won one.    I left at 12:40 to go to the Dale for the monthly travel meeting.

I met up with Marlene at the Dale.  There were a lot of people at the meeting.  It looks like Marlene and I will be going on  the Quebec/Montreal trip in July.  Next month, a guy from WENDT TRAVEL will be at the meeting, showing slides and answering questions about upcoming trips.

I dropped off some books at the library and picked up a quart of WonTon Soup at the Chinese take out place on Main Street before going home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024