3/13 and 3/14

On Friday morning I dropped my car off at NORTH TOWN SUBARU, so that a recall item could be repaired.  The advisor encouraged me NOT to wait for the repair since it could take several hours, so I agreed to accepting a ride home to Lockport.  I spent the morning and good portion of the afternoon at home, and got caught up on a few things.  They picked me up in time for me to get the car and go to TAYLOR and REYNOLDS to pay my respects to my brother in law Bob (Gail's husband) because his sister Patsy passed away after a long, distressing illness.
Then I picked up a couple of pieces of pizza at PIZZA OVEN for my supper.   I baked chocolate chip cookies in the evening and prepared vegetables for Saturdays dinner.

I chatted with Christa late Friday night and she pretty much made me promise to stay home from church on Sunday, because of the corona virus issue.

Saturday he 14th, I also stayed at home, and prepared a corned beef on cabbage dinner for Peggy and David.  I put celery, carrots and cabbage and the corned beef in the crockpot in the morning.  I also made a bread pudding.  I put the cabbage in the crockpot later on in the day, and I also prepared shredded cabbage and potatoes in the oven.

Peg and David arrived a few minutes after I burned the first batch of garlic toast!  I prepared a second, smaller batch.  The corned beef was outstanding, so tender, as well as the vegetables done in the crockpot.  The oven cabbage was disappointing and I threw most of it out.

David worked on adding more coverage to my alarm system.  In the evening, I talked with Betty, Carol and Connie on the phone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023