3/8/20 ALIEN INTRUSION

After church today, Betty and I went to DRI for their SUNDAY BRUNCH.  It was very good.

I was getting ready to take a nap when Marlene called and asked me "are we still on for later today?"   I had totally forgotten that I had agreed to go with her to Niagara Frontier Bible Church in Lewiston to listen to a guest speaker.  She reminded me and I agreed to be ready by five p.m. when she would pick me up.

We located the church easily enough, it is just off of the Indian reservation.  The speaker was Gary
Bates and the topic was ALIEN INTRUSION.
The presentation was great.  The basic premise was that alien abductions are not real, but they are a spiritual phenomena.   He did not use the word "satanic" but I think that is the idea he intended to impart.  He did not say that people who tell about their alien abductions are lying, in fact, he encouraged us to listen to them and tell these people that we believe them.    There was a women in the audience who wanted to tell him her abduction experience and he offered to talk with her privately.  I kind of wish he had let her tell the whole audience, but who knows how long that might have taken...….?

Each person in the audience was given this DVD, at no cost.  
I got this "blurb"  about the DVD off of the internet: "Millions of people have seen UFOs and many even recall personal encounters with strange entities. The popular view is that these are advanced aliens visiting us from far away, but this compelling new documentary takes a deeper look at the events, the beliefs, the experts and the people who have shaped our views in the "otherworldly." When one examines this phenomenon, one of the most disturbing but powerful affirmations of the spiritual realm, Christianity and the Bible becomes clearer."

I purchased this book and I intend to read it.
After the presentation, they offered refreshments.  Marlene and I talked with two women who sat at the table we chose.    

I am really glad that I went to this event  


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024