DAYS TWO, THREE AND FOUR: March 17th, 18th and 19th 2020 Mary Anne, Liz and MORE

On Tuesday the 17th I had an appointment with Dr. Chubineh,
a gastroenterologist who has an office in Lockport.  I like him and feel very hopeful that he will help me find out what the problem is.  I am officially firing GASTROENTEROGIST ASSOCIATES, mostly because I never get to see a doctor there, only paraprofessionals who seem very knowledgeable but turn out to not be very helpful.

The 18th in the morning,  I got a phone call from Mary Anne.  She could hardly talk, but she told me that she thought she may have had a stroke.    I told her to unlock her front door and get dressed and I would call 911.   I quickly got dressed and by the time I got to her house the ambulance and EMT's were there.  They took her to Buffalo General.   The hospital is on "lockdown" due to the corona virus, so I did not go with her or meet her there.  I made sure her house was locked up after the ambulance left.

I got hold of her in the evening, after she had been tested and given a room.  It was very hard to understand her, but she wanted her cell phone and charger so I agreed to go to her house and get them and take them to her tomorrow. During that phone conversation, she said that her issue had been diagnosed as a stroke.  It was VERY hard to understand her, and she was very frustrated.

TODAY (the 19th) I had "the runs" this morning which prevented me from being at WalMart when they first opened.  However, a little later on I was able to go to WM, Dollar General and Aldi's and get some paper goods as well as a few food items I needed.

When I got over to FREEDOM CHURCH at ten a.m., Peggy met me there and told me that instead of meeting in "the lounge", she was going to set up a videoconference so that we could hold the meeting online.  I agreed to be home and ready to go by 10:45 but when I got home, Mary Anne was on the phone and I needed to find some phone numbers for her so she could cancel some upcoming appointments.  By the time I got online it was very close to eleven a.m.   The video conference method worked well.  However, Betty arrived at 11:40 or so to drive to Buffalo.  I had her come in and sit in on a couple of minutes of the video conference while I brushed my teeth and went to the bathroom.  Then we headed to Buffalo.

Once we got to the hospital, Betty was allowed to park in the "valet" area and wait for Liz to be released.  I took in the bag containing MA's cell phone, charger and a few other items, and then we waited a few minutes for Liz who was being released.  It turns out that Liz has not received the results of her test for COVID 19 yet.  She had lied and told us that she was cleared, but she hasn't.  Betty was very upset with her and spoke to her sharply for lying.  I was mostly grateful that I was sitting in the back seat and Liz could not breathe on me.

We were hungry and Betty and I needed to use a bathroom.  We pulled into the LAKE EFFECT DINER and a guy came to the car and gave us menus.  We looked at the prices and decided they were too high, but we were allowed to use their restroom.  We stopped at the WENDY's on Main Street and went through the drive thru and I treated Betty and Liz to lunch, it came to a bit less than twenty dollars.

We took Liz home and then we stopped at the home of Al and Elaine Edmister.  Al is suffering the effects of a stroke and Elaine does not drive, and they live way out in the country so Betty and others have been helping them with shopping and transportation.   We dropped off a few items and visited for a half hour or so.

We stopped at the HARTLAND ABATTOIR,
which is pretty much across the road from the Edmisters.  I had never been there and wanted to see it.  It is a pretty neat place.  Betty purchased a couple of items.
I spoke with  Mary Anne on the phone in the evening..  Later on Elaine called to talk and to tell me that she and her sister had to cancel their vacation to Florida, which would have started next Monday.   I watched part of Season Two of SACRED LIES in the evening.  I absolutely love this season.  Dennis Evers was the one who recommended it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023