Monday March 30th PARADE

The parade was the highlight of my day.  I think it was around noon.  Betty called me and said that she just watched police and firetrucks and a lot of cars go by slowly, beeping and honking and some sirens.  They were headed north on Transit, so I figured they might circle around and come down Prospect.  I quick put my shoes on and grabbed my camera and headed to the corner.  I could hear it all going down Hawley Street and then they came up Prospect heading north.   

Unfortunately, I did not realize that my lens had gotten damp, so my pictures came out blurry.  
I guess it was mostly teachers from Anna Merritt School and it appeared that a lot of cars just randomly joined in the parade.  I talked with my neighbor Mary Turk for a bit, since she heard the ruckus and walked down to the corner, too.

I finished up posting Peggy's pictures to her flickr account and I worked on putting in my pictures from my Oregon 2009 trip.    Talked on the phone with a few people including my cousin Becky.  

I started reading the book MR PRESIDENT HOW LONG DO WE HAVE TO WAIT?   It is very good.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024