Saturday March 7th, 2020: Market and Kenan

This morning Betty and I went to the St Patrick's Day Market at Harrison Place. *but first she wanted me to see her new craft project:
Just about the first person we ran into was Pam, who was working a table with information about LOCKPORT CARES. She asked me to take a picture of her and the other three workers.  I took a few with a phone belonging to one of them and one on my camera.
There was live music (Irish music)
Most of the vendors today were the same ones from other markets.  I purchased an Amish donut and a small loaf of raisin bread from Maverick Farms, and also a meat stick from the Kiwanis table.  

Later on, we went to the Taylor Theatre at the Kenan Center
for an "author talk".  Tina Cassidy wrote a book about Alice Paul and other suffragette.  Her presentation was very interesting.  I learned a lot.
C

After the presentation, there was a book signing and refreshments in the Kenan mansion.  We ran into David and Peggy there.  I purchased a book.
We also checked out the vintage voting booth that we missed the other day.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024