ANOTHER PANDEMIC SUNDAY: 4/19/20

I "attended" online church this morning.  Pastor Craig gave a wonderful sermon.  I made banana/egg/oatmeal pancakes for breakfast.  They were very good.  I talked on the phone with Elaine for a while and I recommended the movie MOLL FLANDERS to her, it is on EPIX today, for the last day of the free Showtime and Epix offered by Spectrum. I made myself a cup of hot chocolate using the recipe on this very much outdated product from my cupboard.  It is dated years before I moved here.
I used almond milk because of my lactose intolerance.  The hot chocolate is certainly not like what I am used to, but I think I can get used to it and enjoy it.   

I started a new book  NOTES LEFT BEHIND
  It is a first person account written by parents who lost a very young child to cancer.  It is good.  

I made myself a great salad for lunch  Fresh Spinach, scoop of chicken salad, half of a fresh pear, a couple of cooked carrots, craisins and a few potato sticks,  with a packet of a vinaigrette left over from a Wendy's salad.  It was very good.  I was watching the most recent episode of TOMMY on ON DEMAND.  I also had a few crackers with hummus.

I talked with Peggy on the phone for a bit.  She is having a very lazy day, she said she won't even get dressed.    Betty called in the evening, also.  I also talked with Mary Anne, who is in Buffalo General Hospital.  She has requested a Catholic priest and been reassured that that one will come to see her, but that has not happened.  I was able to leave a message for Father Augusten who is on the pastoral staff at the hospital.

I watched the third episode of WORLD ON FIRE.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023