Saturday, April 25, 2020

I listened to part of Steel on Steel this morning, and will finish it later on. Both Louise and Vickie called this morning and I talked to both of them for a short while.   I baked oatmeal raisin cookies and made egg salad for sandwiches this morning.  Peggy called to get my grocery list, she will be going to the Amish store and to Aldi's.  Pam messaged me on FB and asked if I wanted to take a walk later on.  I agreed and set four p.m. as a good time since it will be warmer then.  After lunch I took a shower and then she called to cancel since she already took her walk.  I finished watching SAFE
on Netflix  (another British crime story), which was excellent.  It appears to be only ONE season.  It had a surprise ending, like many British crime stories.

 Mary Anne called and we talked for a bit, and then Peggy called to say she was on her way with my groceries.  She gave them to me and we chatted for a couple of minute.  She said something to the effect that "this kind of shopping is exhausting".....I think she meant shopping while wearing a mask.

After I put the cold items away, I decided I HAD to get outdoors.  I could not get hold of Marlene or Barb.  When I called Betty, she sounded terrible, so I didn't ask her if she wanted to go for a walk.  I decided to go by myself.  First I went to Outwater Park and walked for about 45 minutes...…...but it was not a brisk walk, I was walking slowly.  It was an absolute beautiful afternoon, blue sky and fairly warm.  I put the A/C on in my car, and I am not sure it is working.

  I decided to NOT go directly home.  I was wondering if Lake Effect Ice Cream was open, so I went to see.  It is open, but I did not go in.  I walked around the north side of the canal a bit and then decided to go to Niagara Produce.  It was my first time shopping with a mask.  I bought $14.50 worth of items and used my benefit card.  I got a banana, black grapes, blackberries, Lactose Free Milk, a gallon of cider and a small cabbage.  When I looked at my receipt it showed that I have about $350 worth of SNAP benefits available.  My monthly SNAP benefit is only fifteen dollars!   I guess the extra amount is a "stimulus" benefit.

When I got home, there were messages from Marlene and Barb.  Barb sounded awful, I suspect that she is sick.  I called Marlene back.  She is doing well.  I also called Lydia, and she is doing well, too.  I made myself a spinach salad for supper.  I watched a few episodes of LAW AND ORDER SVU.

I talked with both Vicky and Marlene about the possibility of a small group of us getting together for a picnic type lunch at a park with a pavilion where we can sit six feet apart.  They both like this idea.  I hope we can do it next week, but snow and low temps are predicted!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024