SOCIAL DISTANCE GEOCACHING 4/14/20

When I got up this morning, I saw that the sun was shining and I decided to NOT waste today.    I called Betty and asked her if she wanted to go to Outwater Park for a walk.  She said yes and asked if there are any geocaches there.  I told her I would look.  I called Pam to see if she wanted to join us and she agreed.    After I dropped some apples off at Peg's house and picked up some split pea soup that she made, I headed out to the park and met up with Pam and Betty.

We parked and walked towards the overlook.  I turned my GPS on
and we located the location of THE  SIXTH HOLE.   Betty found it almost immediately.  Then the three of us walked some more.  Pam decided to call it quits when she found out that Betty and I wanted to go find ROCK CAVE.  Once again, Betty found it immediately.



 I don't think I had ever been in this area before.

 I guess it must have been landscaped at some time in the past, since this is not a natural formation.

         The walkway behind the old rose garden.
Then she and I decided to drive to FAMILY TYPE OF HIDE.  We could not find it and were ready to give up.  On my way out of the spot we were in, I checked out the end of the guardrail and there it was.  I retrieved it.

My GPS is not working well.  I had to change the batteries and then turn it off and back on several times,  it kept freezing up.

I asked Betty if she wanted to pick up lunch and go back to the park and eat together and she said no because it was too cold.  However, when I told her I thought I might go to REIDS and get a burger, she decided to do the same.  We met there and purchased food and ate at a picnic table.  (it was kind of cold, but not too bad).

I watched THE HOURS on Showtime in the afternoon.  I guess it was not a wasted day like yesterday, but I did not accomplish much.  I did vacuum the front porch, though.  I also started working on my homework for Thursday's FREEDOM GROUP.  In the evening, I watched THE CONNORS and NEW AMSTERDAM.  I went to bed earlier than usual.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024