Thursday 4/30/20 FREEDOM GROUP

Leslie called at 9:45 a.m. and we talked for a bit before I had to sign in to zoom for FREEDOM GROUP.  She said she went to Oneonta yesterday to do something related to last years income tax.

FREEDOM GROUP on ZOOM was really good. everyone was there except Daria, who had to work.
We only have three sessions left and then possibly going to Maryland for the one night conference which has been delayed until June.

My former plans had been to join up with Peggy and David and the Christies (missionaries to Kenya) for lunch at the house they are staying on Locust Street while they are on hiatus.  But I didn't feel comfortable about it, seeing as we would have been compromising somewhat on social distancing.  So, I called Peggy and explained and cancelled.

After FREEDOM GROUP, I took the Power of Attorney to M and T Bank and the associate (Kelly) made copies.   But they need the other original with Bianca's signature before they can process the P of A so I can pay Mary Anne's bills.  I messaged Bianca and she has not been able to get her signature notarized yet, but will do so soon.

Mary Anne's surgery has been postponed until Monday due to a bit of pneumonia.  We talked in the morning and then again in the evening.

Mary Anne's friend Alice (in Arizona) really got on my nerves today, telling me what she thinks my responsibilities toward Mary Anne are regarding her medical care.  I could not seem to make her understand that I have NO RIGHTS, NO POWER.  I do have Power of Attorney for financial stuff and I am Mary Anne's Health Care Proxy, but that does not go into effect unless she cannot speak for herself.  I explained that to Alice several times but she kept insisting that I should be talking to her doctors.  Then she called Mary Anne and then she called me and told me that Mary Anne was confused about the two documents.  Mary Anne called me after she talked to Alice and she is NOT confused, she knows exactly what each document means.  Now, Alice has told me that she only wants to know if Mary Anne makes it through the surgery or if she dies during surgery, that I needn't tell her anything more.  WOW!   She and Mary Anne have been friends since they were kids and have travelled all over the world together.  Some friend!   I will honor her request, but most likely she will get irritated if she does not know what is going on.  I do not like Alice.

Because I had supper late, I was 20 minutes late in joining the FREEDOM PRAYER GROUP on Zoom at seven p.m.   It was very good.  Then Mary Anne called me just as it was ending.  And then Bianca's niece Antoinette called and talked for over a half an hour.  I called Vicky to give her news about Mary Anne because she was asking me over zoom about her, just as the phone rang and I had to walk away from my laptop.  Betty called at some point and she wants to go out for ice cream.  She must be forgetting that I am lactose intolerant. However, JoJo's offers three dairy free flavors of Perry's hard ice cream.

I DID have a nap today, and watched a bit of a documentary about a 16 year old girl who murdered a man who was hiring her a prostitute.  I will finish it later as I want to know what happened to the girl in the end.    I prepared a smoked pork chop, roasted slice of cabbage and baked sweet potato fries for supper.  Very good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023