5/20/20 Onondaga Trail and Lunch in Medina

Betty suggested we go to the refuge today to find a certain bird that is nesting.  She had information on locations.   I agreed and we asked Vicky to join us.  Our plans were to meet at the Visitors Center and pick up maps at 11:30.  I was a bit late due to stopping at the Rochester Road TOPS to get some Minute Rice. (which they did not have), but Betty and Vicky were also late due to Vicky forgetting to bring a mask

Anyways, we met up at the Visitors Center and checked out the Purple Martin birdhouses.
Then we discussed where to go.  I suggested we try the Onondaga Trail.  Betty was skeptical because the last two times we tried to go there, the road was barricaded.  I said we  should try again.  I led the way and was successful in finding the parking area and trailhead.
It is a beautiful trail and we enjoyed it.  We turned right and walked a secondary (very narrow) trail for a bit, too.
 The Atotarho Trail was very narrow, and we only walked a small portion of it.







I think we walked about a half a mile down the Onondaga Trail.   The trail is 1.2 miles in and then you turn around and walk 1.2 miles back to the parking lot.  Then we turned around and walked back.  We decided to drive to Medina and get lunch.  Betty led, then Vicky and then me. On the way there, we went through some areas that might be part of the refuge that I have never seen or known about.  

  We decided to get our lunch at Avante's. 
We all got the STEAK IN THE GRASS sandwich (small).  While waiting for the sandwiches to be prepared, I set up my two chairs and two small tables that I got at Rite Aid the other day.  Betty sat on the bench and Vicky and I used my chairs and tables.  It worked out well.    Here are Betty and Vicky bringing our sandwiche.


 Here is my lunch and you can see one of my small folding tables on the top left.
We thoroughly enjoyed our picnic lunch.  I kind of expected a sheriff or some other official to come along and tell us we had to NOT congregate, but that did not happen. 

Betty brought up the point that it was close to three thirty p.m. and the Royalton Center Methodist Church was offering a free will spaghetti dinner starting at four p.m.  So we decided to go over there.  We arrived a few minutes before four p.m. and were the first in line.  We were given FREE masks, too.  Handmade ones that the ladies of the church made!  

Turns out the masks needed the elastic to be adjusted (made shorter) so I got busy with a needle and thread.  I also did most of my FREEDOM homework and talked with  Betty, Peggy, Mary Anne and Antoinette on the phone.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024