Lewiston Outing with Peggy Saturday 5/30/2020

The main purpose of this trip to Lewiston was to visit Carrie.  I set it up yesterday, but staff working today had not been given the information.   At any rate, Peg and I only had to wait a minute or two and Tiffany brought her out.  We had a nice visit, and got to know Tiffany a bit.  She recently moved to Lockport.

After the visit, I suggested we go to DeCamillo's Bakery so I could get some kimmelweck rolls.  Peg agreed.  I bought four rolls, two slices of pizza, a plain donut for myself and a peanut donut for Peg to take home to David.

We decided to leave our car on Main Street (which might actually be Center Street) and walk down to the river to have lunch at THE SILO.  On the way down to the river, we found MANY painted rocks.  I picked up a few, but we left most of them where they were.  Peg picked up one.   I spotted my first one by this statue.


  Peggy had never eaten at THE SILO before while I have been a few  times.   She ordered their popular sandwich THE HAYSTACK, and I ordered FISH and CHIPS.  Peggy loved her sandwich.  My meal was good.  I was disappointed in the total tab, a little over $17.00, because I also had a small drink.   Everything was good, and I could not eat all of my fries, so I scattered them around for the birds.
I guess Peggy had never seen this wonderful sculpture before either:  


On the walk back to Peg's car, we saw many more rocks.  I took a couple and we left the rest where they were.  Mostly they had to do with Lew-Port and this years graduating class.  These are the five rocks I kept.  
I posted this picture on the SWEETBUFFALOROCKS Facebook page.

I asked Peg if we could make one more stop at HIBBARDS.  I bought a pint of chocolate custard and ate about one third of it on the way back to Lockport.

I called Adele Luke, just to touch bases with her. She is home from the hospital and doing very well.  She walks outdoors one or two times a day for about a half hour each time.  She has been enjoying watching old sitcoms on channel 5, and doing a lot of laughing.  She is truly an inspiration!

I took a late afternoon nap and as I was getting up, Myrna called.  We talked for a half hour or more.  Vicky called to tell me about  free program offered by CBN.     I decided to put together a meatloaf.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023