May 22, 2020 Covid Test, etc.

I got up early in order to go to Mary Anne's house before going over to the Niagara Region Surgery Center for my Covid-19 test.  I need to test negative before my endoscopy next week.   At Mary Anne's house I did some cleaning and straightening.  I left her a couple of WELCOME HOME notes and also some bran muffins and brownies.  I took the old food out of her frig and threw it away.  She will arrive home, after about five weeks in the hospital, this afternoon.

The test went fine even though the nasal swab is uncomfortable.  When I got home, I retrieved a phone message from Peggy.  She wanted me to go over to the Gabriel Drive apartments and write down the apartment numbers.  There are sixty units.
I called Peg and gave her the numbers of the apartments.  
The plan is to send postcards to each apartment announcing a grocery drop off.

Once home, I prepared myself a fried bologna, tomato and lettuce sandwich and had that for lunch along with some potato salad and tapioca pudding.  I cleaned and sliced some strawberries and made a half batch of shortcake.  Paula called and said that Mary Anne is home and she is going to get her some groceries.

After my nap, I tried to reach Christa.  She must be "not speaking" to me.  She does not return my very occasional calls.   Mary Anne called and said she is happy to be home.  She accidentally deleted all of her contact phone numbers on her phone so I gave her Alice's phone number.   I prepared supper and ate it, and then sat outside for a while reading and writing a letter to Judy.   I practiced using my binoculars since there were birds to look at.

When it started to get dark,  I went inside and tried to find something on TV.  I settled on A COUNCIL of DADS.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023