Saturday May 25th, 2020 (Easy Baked Rice Pudding Recipe)

First thing this morning I watched AKA Jane Roe, a just released documentary which includes Norma McCorvey's deathbed confession that she was bought (paid) by the evangelicals in order to proclaim that she changed  to pro-life.  It seems real, but I know that things can be manipulated, so I do not know what to believe.  If this documentary had been released before Norma died, it would be more believable.

I took phone calls from  Mary Anne, Lydia Santiago and Peggy.   Peggy will pick up a few items for me including mushrooms so I can make creamed chipped beef (I put mushrooms in mine).

I watched all four episodes of  THE MOST DANGEROUS ANIMAL OF ALL.

I made rice pudding using this recipe
Peggy dropped off my groceries. Betty called and expressed her concern because she has not heard from me.  I explained to her about the Covid test and how I need to quarantine myself now until after my endoscopy next Thursday.   I talked to Myrna on the phone, she seems to be doing well.  She won a prize for decorating her window.  

I tried to take a nap but Kevin called.  He is very upset because nobody told him that Mary Anne came home.  I reminded him that I spoke with his wife Rita and also left him a voice mail on Thursday telling them both that Mary Anne would return home on Friday (yesterday).  Mostly, he seems to be upset because Mary Anne is accepting help from Paula.  Apparently, he and Paula have had a serious disagreement in the past.  According to Mary Anne, the disagreement had to do with money.   I am concerned that he will do what he threatened:  cut off all help (very well paid for) to Mary Anne.  I called MA to suggest that she call him tonight.  She said she would.  She asked me to drop off her checkbook, etc. to her, so I did that.  I offered to go through a drive thru of her choice to get her something for supper, but she declined.  

Mike and Dominic came over to get some boards out of the garage.  We talked for a couple of minutes. Dominic was a senior this year, and does not know yet if there will be a graduation ceremony.  I need to send him a card and a check.  I gave Mike a box with some items that belong to him:  a few cards that he received from our grandparents when he was little, a postcard that I found in the garage and a "practice grenade" that I found in the garage.  He said he thinks he got it at a garage sale years ago.

Paula called and asked if I have talked to MA.  I told her about taking her checkbook back.  Paula said she will be able to provide transportation to Roswell and asked if I know when Mary Anne will resume her chemo.  I told her I will ask MA next time I talk to her.  

I cleaned out Carrie's medicine box and my meds/supplement drawer.  I now have a bag of old meds that I need to dispose of. 
Betty called and we talked for a while.  Seems like I have used the phone a LOT today.  

I watched a few episodes of LAW AND ORDER SVU.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023