Thursday, May 28th, 2020 ENDOSCOPY, etc.

My new gastroenterologist, Dr. Chubineh, suggested that an endoscopy might be helpful to deal with this diarrhea that has been a constant issue since last October.  Today was the day.  Last night, Peg and David dropped off  Peggy's car here.  I drove myself this morning and Peggy met me there and drove me home in my car and then took hers.

The procedure went well, probably because I was not at all aware of it.  I did not get to see Dr. Chubineh.  He prescribed a "Stomach Scan for Gastric Emptying".  Immediately upon getting home, I looked this up on the internet.  It does not sound like gastric emptying problems are very serious and also, they are common.  Most likely it will involve MASSIVE dietary changes.  In fact, it appears that I may have been eating all the wrong foods, because my former gastroenterologist recommended lots of fiber and from the little research I have done, fiber would be a NO if someone has a diagnosis of gastroparesis.

Anyways, I was told to rest for the remainder of the day so I did.  I read and watched TV (DARK ANGEL was on PBS at just the right time).  I snacked off and on.  Later on in the day I decided I was in the mood for strawberry shortcake, so I made a half batch of  Bisquick biscuits and cut up the rest of the strawberries I bought last week.

Peg called to remind me of the ZOOM prayer meeting tonight.  There were twelve of us tonight.  There were a few glitches.

I called my friend Barb tonight since I wanted to be the first to wish her a Happy Birthday.  We met in the sixth grade at Emmet Belknap.  She was happy to hear from me.  I think she is having a real hard time with this pandemic.

I accidentally signed out of my original blog and then could not get back in here, so I changed my password and saved it in my favorite document.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023