Tuesday, May 26, 2020

I slept late.  While I was preparing breakfast (banana, egg, and oatmeal pancakes) Connie called and we talked for a half hour or so.   It upset her when I told her that I plan to start doing my own grocery shopping.

I decided to scrub out my tub and the surrounding walls.  That took about an hour and a half, I think.  Then I filled the tub up and ran the whirlpool for a couple of minutes in order to clean the jets out.  Then I took a shower and then did a load of laundry.

I spoke to someone from MEALS ON WHEELS, so that I can pass that information on to Mary Anne.  I doubt if she will be interested.  For the price and convenience, if I were in her position, I would give it a try.

After my late lunch, I rested.  I was just getting settled in when Betty called and told me she had something for me.  She had found BLACK GRAPES, which I had mentioned to her that I really like.  I had never seen or heard of them before this year.  Then Peggy called and we talked for twenty minutes or so.  She updated me on what to expect as church reopens and about the food giveaway at the Gabriel Drive Apartments this coming Sunday.

I had wanted to watch something that I had heard about on Facebook NEW YORKS NATURE PRESERVES:  A TOUR OF TREASURED PLACES.   The website did not mention that potential viewers would have to set up an account and give personal information and credit card information.  I was disappointed.

I decided I really HAD to get out of the house for a little while.  First I went to JoJo's for ice cream (lactose free)and then I took some muffins over to Peg and David and then I got gas.  It is so hot out that I thought the a/c in my car was not working, but it was, it just took a LONG time to cool off the inside of the car since it had been sitting in the sun for a couple of days.  When I got home, I parked it in  the other driveway which offers lots of shade.

After supper, I called Connie.  I had noticed that Panera's offers "groceries" in addition to their regular menu items.  I thought this might be helpful to Connie since she just dismissed Hildy, the woman who she had been hiring to pick up groceries for her.   Connie gave me information about the masks she just ordered from National Allergy.  I know that she does a lot of research before making purchases so I will order the same masks.  770-495-3340.  National Allergy All Purpose Medical Disposable Masks.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023