Friday June 12th, 2020 Millers

I woke up to a very nice (and rather cool) day.  I got rested up from my short trip yesterday, so I wanted to go someplace today.  I came up with the idea to go to MILLER'S (an Amish bulk food store in Medina).  I called Betty and asked her if she would want to meet me there, and we could pick up sandwiches and then have a picnic lunch someplace.  She agreed.

Before heading to Millers I delivered the rest of the gift bags for seniors to FREEDOM Church.  Then I ran home to get my camera.  On the way to Millers I drove by the Cooperative Extension and saw that they were having a food giveaway.   I had no idea if it was produce or canned goods or whatever, but I decided to get in line.  The line moved quickly and it turned out to be a box of produce: apples, onions, potatoes, oranges, cabbage, carrots.

I bought several items at MILLERS (I treated myself to some meat sticks and a small fruitcake) and ordered a turkey sandwich.  Betty and I decided to go to GOLDEN HILL STATE PARK.  We got in free due to being senior citizens.  We found a picnic table in a nice spot and had lunch.  My sandwich was really good.
(you get a large personalized sandwich for less than four dollars).  She had brought some cinnamon buns that her neighbor made.   I gave Betty the oranges, apples and potatoes, she will share them with her neighbor who is going through a hard time, financially.

When I got home,  I took a nap.  When I got up, Paula called me from Roswell to give me the bad news that Mary Anne is doing poorly and needs to be in a wheelchair while at Roswell and that she had to be "hydrated" both before and after her CT scan today.  Paula told me that Mary Anne needs help to get up her front porch steps.

I went out in the early evening to go to ALDI'S to see if they had any 99cents strawberries left.  They did and I bought some, as well as some bananas and celery.  I also dropped off some berry/bran muffins at Mary Anne's house.   Then I went out to SubDelicious on 31 and got a 99cent hot dog and brought it home.

My evening was mostly spent on the phone with Mary Anne, Antoinette and Connie.    Mary Anne gave me the names and possible locations of her surviving relatives: three first cousins on her fathers side.  I also talked to Alice on the phone (about my concerns for Mary Anne) and also messaged Bianca on facebook.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY EIGHT of Alaskan Cruise: Thursday, September 18, 2025 Skagway

EAGLE WATCH at the Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge and more: 2/1/2020

October 20,2020