July 1, 2020 Mary Anne, lawyer, CarStar and More.
What a day! I did not get a lot of sleep last night, so sat down to rest after breakfast. If I recall correctly, Mary Anne called. Anyways, I went to Rite Aid to pick up my prescription and then went to her house. I showed her the outfit I bought yesterday for her to be buried in and she likes it!!! I picked up a bit in anticipation of the arrival of her lawyer Pat George at eleven. She arrived a couple of minutes early. Kevin showed up a minute or so later, but just said hello to Mary Anne and then left.
Mary Anne and her lawyer went over several things, including the sale of her cottage to a man she knows who lives down in Olcott. MA decided to change her will. So, Pat went back to her office to redo the will. A few minute later MA remembered something she had neglected to tell Pat (that she wanted to bequeath a sum of money to her church) so she called and this was taken care of. When Pat and her secretary came back with the will I was asked to step outside for a minute so they could be sure that I was not exerting any pressure on Mary Anne. I assume they asked her questions about that while I was out on the porch. Anyways, the will got signed and some decisions made. I had to call both M and T and NORTHWEST to make certain requests and also find the recent tax bills for MA's two properties. MA and I located the tax bills and I headed home to have lunch and make phone calls.
While I was home, Connie called to tell me that she was leaving her place to go to a doctor or hospital regarding some issues with her heart and lungs. I was unable to get any details. CarStar called at about 4:15 and said my car was ready so I agreed to pick it up before five p.m.
After doing all that, I returned to Mary Anne's to get her license so I could scan it and email it to Kelly at M and T If all goes well, reps from both banks will meet with Mary Anne on her front porch tomorrow. I gathered up laundry and then went to Rite Aid to get supplies for Mary Anne, which are in my car and I will deliver them tomorrow.
I called Carol in the evening to ask if she had driven Connie to a hospital and she said she had not and did not know anything about what was going on. Betty called to say that her car was "totalled" and she will be getting a check for something like $5,700, but she will continue to drive her car until it dies and then she can look for a new one. Peggy called to say that she and David were almost to Rome where they will stay (in Mike's cottage) until Saturday. I need to get their mail tomorrow and Friday.
Mary Anne and her lawyer went over several things, including the sale of her cottage to a man she knows who lives down in Olcott. MA decided to change her will. So, Pat went back to her office to redo the will. A few minute later MA remembered something she had neglected to tell Pat (that she wanted to bequeath a sum of money to her church) so she called and this was taken care of. When Pat and her secretary came back with the will I was asked to step outside for a minute so they could be sure that I was not exerting any pressure on Mary Anne. I assume they asked her questions about that while I was out on the porch. Anyways, the will got signed and some decisions made. I had to call both M and T and NORTHWEST to make certain requests and also find the recent tax bills for MA's two properties. MA and I located the tax bills and I headed home to have lunch and make phone calls.
While I was home, Connie called to tell me that she was leaving her place to go to a doctor or hospital regarding some issues with her heart and lungs. I was unable to get any details. CarStar called at about 4:15 and said my car was ready so I agreed to pick it up before five p.m.
After doing all that, I returned to Mary Anne's to get her license so I could scan it and email it to Kelly at M and T If all goes well, reps from both banks will meet with Mary Anne on her front porch tomorrow. I gathered up laundry and then went to Rite Aid to get supplies for Mary Anne, which are in my car and I will deliver them tomorrow.
I called Carol in the evening to ask if she had driven Connie to a hospital and she said she had not and did not know anything about what was going on. Betty called to say that her car was "totalled" and she will be getting a check for something like $5,700, but she will continue to drive her car until it dies and then she can look for a new one. Peggy called to say that she and David were almost to Rome where they will stay (in Mike's cottage) until Saturday. I need to get their mail tomorrow and Friday.
Comments
Post a Comment