Monday July 6th, 2020

I talked with Mary Anne's lawyer on the phone this morning.  I explained that there are a few items in Mary Anne's house that she wanted me to have, but since she died so unexpectedly, I did not have a chance to get them.  Pat George said that since I am the executrix, I get to make these decisions.  

I went over and cleaned out her refrigerator and put a lot of stuff in both the trash and recyclable bin.  I took the marble top to the table MA wanted me to have as well as the old clock.  I grabbed the Northwest Bank folder which has the info about me being added to her bank account.

I talked with Peggy on the phone and she said she can help me get the table tomorrow.  However, I may meet Kevin over at Mary Anne's house later on and maybe he will bring it over to my place.

I worked on writing a eulogy for MA.   My printer is out of ink, so Peggy printed it out for me.  She agreed to leave it in her mailbox for me to pick up.  She said that David will be going to Reid's for supper and that gave me the idea to get my supper there.  I ran into David there and we ate together at one of the new picnic tables there.  I had a burger and fries with sauce, and then I got a dish of ALMOND MILK Raspberry ice cream at  the ice cream shop next door.

I met up with Paula at Prudden and Kandt's funeral home where we met with Shannon, who Mary Anne and I worked with this past January when she planned and prepaid for her funeral.  Shannon was not as friendly today as she was in January, which was disappointing.  Paula had written up an obituary, which is very good.

I tried to reach the priest at ALL SAINTS in order to set a time to meet with him.  I left a message and will try again tomorrow. 

I met Kevin and Rita at Mary Anne's house in the evening.  They helped me get the table into the back of my car.   Rita figured out how to secure the basement door from the inside so now all three doors to the house are secure. 

Paula called and we talked for a bit.  I called Antoinette and gave her the times for the calling hours and funeral.  She is not sure she can come. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY EIGHT of Alaskan Cruise: Thursday, September 18, 2025 Skagway

Week of Sunday, August 10th through Saturday, August 16th, 2025 (Recipe for Crazy Crust Pie)

Wednesday, August 19, 2020