8/15/20 cottage

 I met up with Betty at Mary Anne's cottage so we could work on "clean out".  We had not been there very long when the fellow who used to work with MA at the health department, along with his wife, stopped by to look at the place.  He made a verbal offer of sixty two thousand dollars plus five hundred for a few pieces of basic furniture.    Before they left, the original potential buyer came by.  I feel bad for him because MA had agreed to sell him the cottage for $45,000, but she passed away before they could complete (or even start) working on the deal and according to the estates lawyer, their verbal deal became null and void when she passed away.

Betty and I made good progress on sorting.  We took a break after a couple of hours to use the public restrooms at Krull Park (the water is turned off in MA's cottage) and have lunch at THE PRICKLY PEAR.and then returned to the cottage for another hour and a half.  I worked mostly on the bedroom and got about 3/4 of the way done.  I bagged up all the sheets, pillows etc. in order to donate them.  Betty took some of the bags of trash home so she could put them in her trash bin.  I took home a lot of jewelry and jewelry making supplies so I can sort through them and add them to items at the Millar Street Place.

I offered to pay Betty but she only wanted the card table in the second bedroom, so I gave it to her.  On the way home, we met up at REIDS for ice cream.  

When I took some bags of junk to Mary Anne's house to deposit them in her trash cans, John Urtel was there delivering tables for the sale.   When I got home, I showered and then sorted through the jewelry and the beads and divided them into two boxes to take to Millar Street.

I returned a call from Christa.  We talked for about 45 minutes.  She wants some of her grandpa's bottles.  I told her that I boxed up some for her several years ago and have them in a closet.  I also talked with Peggy on the phone.

 I watched a few episodes of LAW AND ORDER SVU before going to bed at ten thirty p.m.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024