BIRTHDAY LUNCH and CHICKEN/ONION patties

This morning I talked to  Kevin on the phone.   Candy made a verbal offer of ninety thousand dollars for the house.   I told him that I think we need to hold out for closer to one hundred thousand dollars.  He will talk to the guy who wants to buy the cottage, maybe he will agree to fifty nine thousand dollars.

Peg and David came over and checked my security system, and put in some new batteries and also checked my smoke detectors.  I gave David the pocket watch and the coins with silver in that Mike Pillot separated out for me when he sorted all the change from Mary Anne's house and put it in paper sleeves.  David will look at the watch with a magnifying glass and perhaps make an offer on the watch.  He seemed to really like it.  

I am so glad that I asked Mike to join Peggy, Gail and I for Peg and Gail's birthday lunch today.  We all met up at the Fieldstone.   Our server took these pictures.




We had such a nice time and agreed that we need to do this more often.   Mike treated us all!   Then I went to WalMart.  When I got home, Peggy was working in the garage.

I called Bear Bottom Wholesale and then sent pictures of the stuff in the cottage to them.

For supper I modified a recipe I found in a magazine. I will call it CHICKEN/ONION PATTIES

One pound ground chicken, one egg and breadcrumbs, some sweet pepper relish and Trader Joes Everyday Bagel seasoning., make into patties and then press crushed french fried onions on both sides and bake for twenty minutes at 400 degrees.  Then I put them under the broiler for a minute or two.  They were VERY good.  I only ate one of the four, and I  think the leftover patties will make good sandwiches. I cut up a summer squash and put it in the Forman Grill for about ten minutes.  It really needed more seasoning, but once I got settled in front of TV, I did not feel like getting up to get salt and pepper. 

I called the realtor that Paula recommended and we talked for a while.  She, too, thinks that we should shoot for one hundred thousand dollars or a little more for the house.  She and I will meet up at the house tomorrow at one p.m. and get the paperwork started.  It won't officially go on the market until after the estate sale and the house is emptied out so that she can take good pictures, but we will get the process started.  

I set seven thirty p.m. tomorrow to meet John Urtel at the house so I can give him a key so he can start getting the estate sale set up.  

Peg called and asked me to retrieve two old bottles from the garage that one of her friends wants, so I did that and cleaned them up a bit and put them on the front porch.  

I got together an envelope of items to drop off at the estate lawyers office tomorrow.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024