Friday August 21, 2020

I met with Kevin Kopek at NorthWest bank this morning.  All I really did was sign a lot of papers.  Also, I requested free checks, which I will get, and the account does not have any fees.  I need to keep fifteen thousand dollars in it for "no fees".  

On the way to Olcott, I did the drive through free produce pick up at the Cooperative Extension.  I don't know why they gave me two boxes of produce, but they did.  

 I arrived at Mary Anne's cottage a little before eleven a.m.  MODERN was going around picking up junk from in front of cottages.  I quickly took more stuff, (that was sitting outside in the rear of the cottage) out.  I am so glad that they took everything including the filthy old commode that has sat there for several days.  I guess they don't pick up junk every other day like the neighbor told me.  Friday morning must be the day.

Betty arrived and I gave her one box of produce and then we started working.  I asked her to work on the front room, and she did a great job while I worked on the middle section.    As we worked, we decided certain items were not worth keeping so we set them out on Betty's car with a FREE sign, and a few items were taken. 

We quit at one p.m. in order to go to the public restroom in Krull Park.  The park was FULL of people.  I asked a fellow what was going on and it was a fishing derby to raise money for breast cancer.  Betty and I had lunch at COVEY's COVE.  We had two different kinds of flatbread pizza.  The COWBOY and the BIANCA.  We shared them.  I liked both, but Betty did not seem to like the Bianca.  

We went back to the cottage and finished setting up the front room, which I would call a SITTING ROOM.  We walked down to the top of the beach since Betty wanted to take a couple of pictures to show her daughter, Debby.

When I got home, there was a call from the attorney saying she received one offer on the cottage, from the fellow who worked with Mary Anne.  He offered sixty two thousand dollars cash.  I suggested we give the other two possible buyers until five p.m.  I called Kevin to ask him to remind his buyer of that.  As usual, Kevin was loud and obnoxious and seemed to enjoy telling me that I am doing things wrong.  I told him that I am not aware of anything being done that is wrong.   At any rate, he said his buyer is angry and is refusing his texts.  I told him that I am agreeable to selling the cottage to the first buyer he found (Matthew Oates or Oakes) and the car to Paula for three thousand dollars, since this is what Mary Anne stated before she passed away.  He refused this.  I told him I will need to have the water turned back on so that I can clean the bathroom, and that I will need to be able to open the shed so that the potential buyer can look inside.  

I tried to take a nap, but I am not sure I really fell asleep.  I met Betty at THE SHAMUS for supper on the patio.  We both had the baked fish, and it was very good.  Then I took the apples and oranges that I was given to Myrna.  She is kind of depressed, very bored and tired of being shut in for so long.

When I got home, I retrieved a phone message from Peggy that Marlene went to the hospital with chest pains.  I called Betty to tell her.  I messaged Jenny to ask if she has any updated news.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024