LONG, LONG DAY: August 12, 2020

 Last night while I was laying in bed I remembered that Kevin put a few bins at the bottom of the stairs that go to the upstairs apartment that I had neglected to sort through.  So I decided that getting over to Mary Anne's house first thing in the morning would be the thing to do.  

I did that, (it was mostly stuffed animals, so it was fairly quick) and then I met up with Mike at  KURT'S COIN SHOP.   Kurt evaluated the coin collection and offered me 525 dollars.  Mike said that seemed like a good deal, so I agreed and Kurt wrote me a check.  I had spoken to one of the paralegals at the estates law office and was told that the court had appointed me executor, and I would get the papers within a few days so I have the legal right to sell the collection.

Mike offered to take the many jars of change that Mary Anne had collected to his friend, Mike Pillot.  Mike Pillot loves sorting through coins and putting them in those little paper rolls. So he came over to the house to get the coins and take them to Mike P.

I had lunch and showered and rested a bit before driving to Clarence for my dermatology appointment.  Once again, I drove by Dr. Dee's office, not once, but three times before I finally saw the very small sign.  I had a biopsy done of the "pimple" on my nose which has been there for a long time.   If I have not heard the results from Dr. Dee in three weeks, I need to call him, and he will refer me to another doctor for removal of it.  

Before going home, I went to the  Public Safety Training Facility, 5574 Niagara St. Extension, Lockport.  to pick up some free hand sanitizer and masks.  

When I got home, I prepared scrambled eggs, toast, and lima beans for my supper.  

Mike came over and gave me a check for $195 for the rolled up change/coins that Mike Pillot purchased.  Mike P. returned several coins that have silver in them so that I can take them to Kurts coin shop.     I had come across more of Mary Anne's change so Mike N. took them to Mike P, along with the check, so that Mike P. can write a new check including the new coins.

I asked Mike if he wants to go out to lunch tomorrow with me, Peg and Gail in order to celebrate Gail and Peg's August birthday.  i called Peg and she agreed to make reservations for four at the Fieldstone Restaurant for noon tomorrow.  

Betty came over and we visited outside for a little while, until the mosquitos started eating her up. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024