Monday, August 10th, 2020 Brakes, and Uncle G's

 After dropping off some papers at Patricia George's law office, I headed out to NorthTown Subaru to get my rear brakes replaced.  While I was waiting, I wrote a long letter to Judy McAdams.  I have not heard from her in a while.  

I decided to treat myself to lunch, so I took New Road to UNCLE G'S.............a popular ice cream place in Pendleton.  I had heard that they started serving sandwiches in addition to ice cream.  When I parked, I noticed a "little library" so I put some books in it.  When I went up to the outside counter to look at the menu, I did not see any real food items.  I asked one of the workers about sandwiches and she gave me a menu and told me I would have to phone my order in.  This seemed ridiculous since she and I were standing right there, but I took the menu and went back to my car to look at it.  I decided on a tuna sub and phoned my order in.  The girl who answered the phone seemed surprised when she realized I was already on the property.  GO FIGURE.  Anyways, I told her I would be sitting at one of the round picnic tables (they offered shade under large umbrellas).  She brought out my sub and some homemade potato chips and I paid her and gave her a tip.  My sandwich and chips were very good and I read a good article in an old Readers Digest while I ate.  I noticed that there is a nice biking/walking trail that goes behind Uncle G's.  A sign said additional parking is available at the Worship Center which is across the road.  

I went to the Lockport Post Office when I got back to Lockport and mailed packages to Bianca, Alice and Mary Anne's cousin.  The packages included photos and other items that they wanted from Mary Anne's stuff.

I rested in the afternoon.   Kevin and I had planned to meet up at Mary Anne's house at seven p.m. but I decided it was too hot for that, so I called him to cancel.  He said we had not agreed to meet, but I am sure we had.  

I vacuumed the family room.  I started to put together a birthday package for Cassandra.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023