Saturday in Olcott

 In the morning I started carrots in apple cider in the crockpot.  I then decided to make egg salad for sandwiches so I could pack a picnic lunch for Betty and I to have after we work in Mary Anne's cottage.  I also threw together a four bean salad.  I am getting tired of eating in restaurants.  Besides picnics and preparing picnic lunches is one of my favorite things to do.  

I met up with Betty at the cottage at eleven a.m. We spent a solid hour and a half vacuuming, dusting and straightening.  I finished the second bedroom, which Mary Anne used as a game/puzzle room, and which had a Hawaiian theme (I think).........since there are a LOT of pineapple in there!  Betty worked on the space between the dining and living rooms.  We accomplished a lot.  It was very hot so we quit after an hour and a half and then left and headed to Krull Park.  We used the public restroom and then chose a spot for our picnic lunch.  It was much cooler in the park than it was in MA's cottage.  The park was not crowded, but there were several people there, relaxing in the park and down by the beach.  We enjoyed our lunch and there were not any bees to harass Betty.  

I came home and did a few things and then took a nap.  For supper I had the leftover spaghetti and meatball from the dinner I got at the Royalton Center Methodist Church a few days ago, as well as some of the cooked carrots. I cooked one ear of the corn that I got yesterday at the food give away, but it did not have any flavor, so I threw it out.

In the evening I talked with Christa on FB.  She told me that Riley (her beagle) has one to three months left due to having lymphoma.    She said Nikolai is taking it harder than she is.  She said it is hard leaving for work in the morning knowing that it might be the last goodbye.  

Peggy called to tell me that Marlene was discharged from the hospital and is home  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024