Saturday, Sept. 19th, 2020 was a TWO TURKEY DINNER DAY!!!!!

 I had tried to reach my cousin, Rebecca, over the past few days without success.  She was bitten by a dog eleven days ago.   I called her this morning and reached her.  I asked her about the dog bite and she told me the whole story including how the hospital here in Lockport did not do a good job treating her, all the bleeding she did, and how she ended up back in Lockport seeing Dr. Schraft, who is taking good care of her.    This is a picture that her son Scott posted on the day it happened.  (September 13th). A friend of Becky's who is a nurse is changing the dressings daily.  


Betty and I met up with Becky at the Hartland Stone School for their Autumn Festival.  As usual, they have a large basket raffle,  I spent twenty dollars on raffle tickets even though I didn't really see anything that I liked.    I also spent five dollars on a future raffle, at a future fundraising event for foundation repair for another schoolhouse in the area.   Most likely I WILL win because it is two Barbie dolls!!!!!

The three of us had the turkey dinner, which was very good.  The kitchen seemed somewhat disorganized.  I had to ask for silverware and my drink and both Betty and Becky had the same dilemma NO SILVERWARE.  Becky gave me the lighthouse lamp I won at their last fall festival.  She was there for the drawing and took it home and kept it for me.  I gave her a gift bag with some homemade healthy chocolate chip cookies, and small set of Christian encouragement cards.  I also gave Betty some cookies. I made them this morning after Peggy called and invited me to her house for supper tonight.  I will take the cookies and some rolls from Trader Joes.  

When I got home, I rested for a while before going to Peggy and David's house for supper.   Becky called to tell me that I won the basket of Pyrex bowls and other items, and that Betty won three items.  Becky won one item.

At Peg's house they had prepared a turkey dinner with baked potatoes,  stuffing, gravy and a squash called "mashed potato squash".   I contributed Everything But the Bagel Rolls from Trader Joes and the cookies.   It was a good meal.  David looked at some of Mary Anne's jewelry that I thought might be valuable, but none of it was.  

After supper, Peggy and I took a walk.  When I got home, my street was crowded with cars.  There is a party going on in the house that used to be the home of drug dealers.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023